For the last seven years, and after more than 5,000 hours of test prep tutoring, we have had the opportunity to tutor many students throughout the Atlanta area. In an attempt to reach more students and help them improve their scores, we are going to offer group study sessions for the ACT. These classes will be more affordable than one-on-one sessions while still providing an intimate learning experience, with no more than ten students in one class. Register for the group classes prior to the June 10 ACT.
Affordable: Each group of classes is $400 total, which breaks down to about $30 per hour.
Small group sizes: Each group will consist of between five and ten students in a class.
Differentiated learning: Our groups will be organized by composite mock score. We find it to be more beneficial for students when they are surrounded with students tackling the same types of questions they are. They will receive individualized strategies and review to address any weaknesses.
Shorter sessions: Each session is 1.5 hours. We will meet weekly for eight weeks leading up to the test, or 12 hours total. We have found this is ample time to provide students with a strong foundation for test day, while introducing introductory content and skills that are proven to raise test scores.
Quality over quantity: We always prefer quality practice over a large number of questions. More questions doesn’t equal score improvement if students don’t understand why they missed a question. With smaller, more focused homework practice, our students are able to see results faster. Our focus is to help students get to the root of why they are missing questions and suggest strategies on how to tackle them moving forward.
Taught by certified teachers: Brad and Rebekah have a combined 22 years of classroom teaching experience and know how to make material exciting and engaging while also meeting the diverse needs of a classroom.
Dates & Times:
- Saturday, April 15 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, April 22 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, April 29 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, May 6, 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, May 13, 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, May 20, 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday, June 3, 9 am – 12 pm
- Thursday, June 8, 4 – 7 pm (makeup for Memorial Day weekend)
All sessions will take place at St. Luke’s Presbyterian Church off Mt. Vernon Rd. Sessions will be from 9:00 – 10:30 or 10:30 – 12:00, based on your child’s starting score.
- Students will be provided with a binder of real ACT practice tests, an ACT calculator program, and pen and pencil.
- If you need to cancel your registration in the group class, please do so before April 8 to ensure a full refund.
- We are currently unable to offer refunds or makeup sessions for missed classes.
- In order to see the best results, it is expected that students will have completed their homework prior to each session. Parents can monitor homework, as well as their score increases each week, in the front of their binder.
- While we typically see students improve their composite score three to five points, each student’s situation is unique, and we can not guarantee this amount of improvement. We can guarantee they will leave our class more confident and prepared for the ACT.
- If fewer than five students are registered for the class one week before the start date, we will issue full refunds and cancel the classes.
2526 Briers North Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30360